What you’ll need
- Sandpaper and electric sander (electric sander is much quicker and easier than doing it by hand)
- White paint
- Colour paint of your choice. Choose a darker shade as you’ll be mixing white in to create the lighter shades.
- NOTE: As far as what type of paint, we used a satin finish enamel that was still left over from renovating our house as it has a bit more wear and tear. But oil or water based paint will work.
- Medium and small paint brushes and a roller (we used a 12cm roller sponge)
- Newspaper/black bags/outside area you don’t mind getting bit messy
Paint the first drawer with your pure colour, you can decide if you want the ombre top-to-bottom or bottom-to-top drawer.
For your second drawer, mix some of your pure colour with a bit of white to make it a shade or two lighter. I did this by eye and not exact measurements but it might be a good idea to measure an amount of white and just add that amount to your first mixture each time you move onto the next drawer. It’s your project so you can be as creative or calculated as you want!
Paint each drawer a shade lighter than the one before until you have completed all the drawers. Like such: